Tuesday 30 April 2013

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at my preliminary task, what do I feel I have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?



In the priliminary task, I didn't know alot about how to shoot, so my group and I used the task to play with the camera and figure out how to use it to form a simple narrative. There are shots when thec amera is reflected in the shadows or windows, and the camera is a bit too shakey at points
In our first video, an image of the camera operator is seen in the shadows.
This is a mistake and makes our test look like the story of the worlds worst stalker.

In my group's opening, however, I had gained better knowledge of how to use my movie expertise (or nerdiness as it is often known) and a new knowledge of camera shots in order to assist the group in making the opening for our film and breaking some conventions of our genre. I also gained knowledge of how to edit (Beth edited the preliminary and I edited the opening) and how to stay calm whilst editing. I had to experiment and play about in order to fix everything into place so that the clip flowed and didn't look too bad. I think I worked on the type of shots and the length of cuts in our film to make it less boring and repetitive. I also used some over the top sound effects for comedic purposes and used music to match the action in the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment