Thursday 14 March 2013

Location , costume and lighting


We have decided that the best place to film the fight scene within the villain's lair would be the dance studio as we can adjust the lighting more than we would be able to in a regular classroom or drama studio. We are planning on using low key lighting to give Victor's lair an ominous, spooky feel to it.


Here is the first idea for James' costume:
James is playing our hero Super J. In preperation for his role he got a costume. He used bright colours (red & blue, like Superman and Spiderman) and tights. So that his costume seemed more superhero-like. However, it also had to look homemade and break other conventions by getting rid of the mask, cape and boots. Getting rid of some conventions of the costume whilst keeping others is an idea explored in V for Vendetta, Superman (who has no mask) and Watchmen.
I am playing the villain Victor. My costume is mainly black and very simplistic & homemade looking (a bit like in Kick Ass and Defendor). I thought about my characters quest for revenge on Super J and my black costume connotes my character's hatred and evil. My character also has a mask to protect his identity and because if neither character had a mask it wouldn't look like a Superhero film.
Here is my finished costume:

No comments:

Post a Comment